Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fleur de Gelatin (Flower Jello)

Since I'm working on designing wedding projects and Melinda is working on becoming a demonstrator for Stampin Up, we learned to make edible gelatin flowers as party favors.  We made several different flowers but the sunflower was my favorite. See pics below.

They are wonderful visually pleasing treats. Did I mention they are guilt free in the calorie department? Low calorie, no fat, and high in protein but apparently doesn't include 2 essential amino acids the body requires (take a supplement?). I should mention that there are some studies (of questionable credibility) that say gelatin helps with arthritis joint pains, and makes hair and nails grow out healthier- perfect for me. Regardless if they are true or not, these flowers taste great!
Btw, this sunflower is grape flavored.

UPDATE:
I keep getting questions about this but yes, the flower is edible and is 100% jello (well maybe not quite 100% when you count the the food coloring and other ingredients).

These generally sell for $3 - $5 depending on start up costs and volume. For any requests, email me. Thanks.

~Sophia


1 comment: